Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Pizza Mart - [11]

"I walk into a very dimly lit A Pizza Mart at high noon. Now the 3rd time I had been there with nobody in there. Even if I have to make my own pizza. Do i sit at the table? The couch in the back perhaps? The bar? I don't know. It was then a middle aged woman strolls over and takes our drink order. No beer for me today, I say. Just some delicious A Pizza Mart pizza...please. What kind you have i ask? Any kind she said. I decide on the peperoni. An exotic meat that I have heard tales of. Since she's the only one there, I assume she will be bringing me my pizza. I wait patiently for it to come. My associate max and I wait for the food. The pizza finally strolls over on top of the middle aged woman's hand. 10 pieces of A Pizza Mart pizza. I ate 60% of that pizza. Delicious...and by delicious I mean it was super average. 2 guys eating a meal for $12 after tax and tip was pretty dang good. If only the pizza had tasted good. I strolled back out onto The Ave and walked away. Like a handful of places on The Ave, nobody eats lunch at A Pizza Mart."
-Mike McEvoy

Bottom Line: Mike would rather go there than Flowers.

Value: 5
Taste: 4
Intangibles: 2

Total Score: 11 out of 30

No comments: