Monday, January 5, 2009

Thai-ger Room [23.5]

"I'm not expecting that this ave review will be popular with the people. I'm willing to put Thai-ger room up against any other Thai place on The Ave [for best Thai food]."

It doesn't' have the environment of Thai Tom.
It doesn't have the class of Thai 65.
It doesn't have the crappiness and overall suck-factor of Appethai.

But...Thai-ger room culminates what a Thai restaurant should be about. It's located on the Ave just south of 43rd. The portions are large, and under $7, and their Pad See-euw is food to live by. It is typified by its wide rice noodles. It's one of the only meals that Mike prefers the noodles over the meat for last bite. (Last Bite: the giant bite of all of the best parts of your meal that you shove into your mouth to end your meal; e.g. eating the outside of a hamburger but saving the middle part with that little bit of bacon on it for last bite)

Value:7.5
Taste: 9
Intangibles: 7

Total Score: 23.5 out of 30

3 comments:

Riley said...

I just thought you should know, my friend found a cockroach in her food there, and when she asked the waitress, her response was, "oh, that happens all the time."

BOOOOO

David Hallgren said...

I will concur withe cockroach factor at Thai-grross Room. I found one on the table and then my friend Kathe had one drop in her plate. Ewww!

Unknown said...

Happened as well. Found a piece of metal in my food before as well. I'm a firm believer in giving food places 3-4 tries (in case of flukes) before declaring anything bad/good about it but let's just say that I don't set foot in that establishment anymore.