Thursday, May 7, 2009

Caspian's [9]

"Well, the good news about Caspain's is you get food. The bad thing is costs about 4 times more than anywhere else on the Ave. It's like I got robbed...shanked in the wallet. When I left there I felt worse than I felt all year. It's humiliating. I hesitate to say this, but I spent $43 for two people to eat on the Ave. THE AVE! Who does Caspian's think it is? It's ridiculous! Apparently Caspian is Narnia-speak for 'Eat here and sell the rights to your first born so that you can afford to pay for your meal.' I mean, c'mon!" - Mike McEvoy

55th and the Ave is where Caspian's sits and feeds on the money of unsuspecting Seattleites. When Mike and his friend Mike walked in, they were the only people there. Pretty lame for a restaurant that has 30 tables it it. (sidenote: they had a stage and a DJ botth as well. Lame.) Evidently Caspian's makes enough profit to only have two people a day because it costs so much for one frappin meal.

The "upsides":
They each got a Cornish Game Hen (2wings, 2 drumsticks, 2 breasts, 1 grilled tomato)
They got the satisfaction of eating an entire bird
They didn't have to spend $44 for the meal
It had a functioning door

The downsides:
$43 for 2 people to eat!!!!!! What is this? High school prom?!?

Bottom Line: If you haven't won the lottery yet, don't eat at Caspian's.

Value: 0 (First zero in value EVER!)
Taste: 6
Intagibles: 3

Total Score: 9 out of 30

3 comments:

Benjamin Lukoff said...

A couple of points:

It's the Caspian Grill, not Caspian's.

Yes, the food is expensive, but where else are you going to get good Iranian around here? You should have tried the lamb.

What time of day, and what day, did you visit? I've been there when — well, it wasn't full, but we definitely weren't the only folks there.

Yeah, it's not the sort of place you're going to go to often, but it really is very nice. What were you doing getting chicken at a Middle Eastern restaurant, anyway?

Riley said...

benjamin makes some valid points, friends.

my only complaint... 3 for intangibles?! the one time I ate there, the service was AMAZING. and they have a dance floor, stage and disco ball. I would say the intangibles, are in fact, off the charts.

Ally Stoltz said...

this blog really is wonderful, and i would like to donate my talents as a master graphic design genius to pimp out this page.

i could give it a real sleek feel, just see my blog and you'll understand my mastery.

i'll redesign pro bono because i like you.

-ally jenn's best friend from LA