Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pig Tail BBQ [13]

"When I saw there was a place called Pig Tail BBQ on the Ave, I was thrilled. Nothing brings me back to my Alabama roots like some good ol' pork BBQ. As soon as I saw the menu, all of my hopes and dreams of going back to my childhood days, disappeared." - Mike McEvoy

Pig Tail BBQ's homestead is located at the Ave and 50th. Mike likes their intentions. Some goal of getting pork on the Ave, bu their execution makes me think that they've never been to the South. They took a piece of weird pork, slapped it between some bread with a lot of lettuce and cucumbers. That is NOT the South. It was really expensive and nothing about it left Mike wanting more.

First of all: the only way you serve something green is if it's fried. Pig Tail was way too healthy.
Second of all: they didn't even have BBQ sauce! I mean, c'mon!

In their defense, Mike maybe had his hopes to high due to his southern-ness wanting some good BBQ. But, they could have at least tried.

Bottom Line: There's 5 ways to serve pork 1) Ribs 2) Chopped 3) Chipped 4) Sliced 5) Pulled. This was none of those.

Value: 4
Taste: 5.5
Intangible: 3.5

Total Score: 13 out of 30

1 comment:

Dexter Kearny said...

When do you review Canlis?